The Mag:OH:zine for Creative Thinkers

"Strategies to Think Ahead" @ www.theideasculptor.com
_________________________________________

31.8.09

We Are Naturally Off the Wall

Photo Credit: Richard Chicoine iCopyright 2009

Welcome Home!

You might have noticed that the lights were on, but no-one was home all summer. Yes, we took a break from the Blog and Twitter and Linkedin... but that's not to say we weren't productive!

The "we" isn't the proverbial royal "we"... my sidekick Richard - or am I his? - and I team up on a number of projects. That wasn't the plan when we were married 2 years ago. Rick retired as a most loved English and Math teacher, and basketball coach and then discovered photography. Funny thing, since I grew up in a photographer's family and spent most of my childhood Saturdays posing for my dad or hand-colouring portraits of brides. That too was a family affair.

So Rick takes great pride in displaying his latest shots, while I use my specialty - creativity - to fit a story to the picture he sends me each week for this blog as well as the Leadership Blog at www.xowhat.blogspot.com.

For the next few months, our focus will be on "how to do and be innovation". My background is in strategic systems thinking, where innovation and leadership reign. We're calling it "IdeA-Z".

We hope that these tips and examples will inspire and amuse you but most of all, help you to get unstuck or un-bogged or feeling like you can solve the problem another way.

Our self-portrait in this issue is an example of just being "off the wall" and doing something which most people wouldn't notice. If you look closely at the photo, you might notice a variety of "systems" at play.

If you can tell us where we posed for this photo (not the exact location, but what kind of structure), I'll not only stand and applaud you, but send a fave surprise by snail mail. Use the comment link below.

See you Tuesdays, and thanks for being "home" with us!

- Maggie


1 comment:

  1. Looks like outside of a lovely restored diner. Art deco to the max!

    ReplyDelete

I invite your comments here or by email maggiechicoine@gmail.com.

For every comment in 2010, I will donate $1.00 to charity.