The Mag:OH:zine for Creative Thinkers

"Strategies to Think Ahead" @ www.theideasculptor.com
_________________________________________

15.4.09

Stuck? Check out I-deAZ

Photo Credit: Richard Chicoine iCopyright 2009

Need a better idea?

You may not even realize that you are stuck. Most people don't until there's a crisis, or a tough decision to be made.

As a Master Coach, I've discovered that with a gentle kickstart along with some guidance and guidelines, you can find the solutions you're looking for. The answers might be right there, but because you're not in sync with the 'how to' - you might miss an opportunity or opening.

Take this week's picture, for example. We were enjoying a slow stroll along the boardwalk in Canal Park, Duluth MN. Most of our focus was on the icy horizon of Lake Superior. That was the obvious scene we were looking to photograph. With a creative "I" in the "ready state", we noticed a refuse container. An ordinary, functional object, n'est pas? By bending down, and shooting through the space, we found another way to view the world. Interesting!

So, how do you tune in to the creative "I"?

In the next 26 weeks, I'll be posting "I-deA-Z" - ideas from A to Z to hone your thinking and problem solving skills. Hope you enjoy this crzy new series!

This week's "I DO": look for an ordinary object and see it from a different perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I invite your comments here or by email maggiechicoine@gmail.com.

For every comment in 2010, I will donate $1.00 to charity.